Monday 5 February 2024

Beti At BAGSD


Yesterday we attended the BAGSD show in an equestrian centre somewhere in Derby. It was an open breed show with a judge from Ecuador. Though I had entered, I wasn't sure if Beti would be going in the ring. To start with Sarah wasn't there, and having worked hard to get Beti moving in a controlled manner for the "General Champ Shows" I didn't want to ruin it, and I knew this show would be looking for something else! I've been showing GSD's now for 33 years and this kind of show takes me back to my roots I guess. This was how we did it in the 90ies eh, well this was always how I showed Nikki and Dexi, but with the KC clamping down over the years this method of exhibiting, which is seen all over the world, became frowned upon in the UK.  I guess they consider it as uncouth!!! lol 
Anyway I was lucky yesterday when one of our breeds top handlers offered to take Beti in for me. He had faith in her ability to adapt, and to be fair he was right. He has commented on numerous posts that he liked her and was full of praise for her at Manchester, but for him to approach me yesterday and offer to take her in, well high praise indeed for baby Beti! Beti was 3rd out of 5 in MPB and received a lovely critique, but as ever there are more judges on the outside of the ring than in the middle and the praise and feedback has been encouraging. 
Beti's critique from Roberto Caputi "Absolutely nice expression head, good proportions, normal wither, solid back, the croup could be a little bit longer, very good angulated from behind & good angulated front, front reach could be freer, the power is good but front reach could be freer. Today 3rd place"
I can't dispute a word of that as I've always said her front movement is not her fortune. 
Following the class the handler praised her and her performance to the hilts, saying that people ring side had been asking who she was? Well both of us were getting big-headed, even more so when he offered to handle her at Crufts. I politely declined, I am loyal to my friend and handler, as she is loyal to me, though it was nice to be asked!