Wednesday 14 February 2024

Beds Shredders

Though we have plenty of dog bedding, we won't for long with Beti and Siska shredding it. Siska only every does it in temper when she's returned to her crate when the others go out. It's not as if she's in there long, as soon as I'm out of site Steve gets her an Orin up again. During the time I'm getting ready, I've seen her hold it between her paws and shred it with her teeth. When I catch her, she'll stop but restart as soon as I'm out of sight. Anyway, what I've been doing recently is giving her the nice bedding at night, and then taking it out before she goes back in at walking time. I leave her torn shreds in there for her to attack! I couldn't think of her without a decent bed overnight, so far it's working.
I think with Beti it's a little bit different. I think she got bored one morning before we got up and for something to do started messing with the bedding. I had tried giving her toys and chews but to no avail ... anyway last night I tried something different, I didn't give her a vet bed, I gave her an old throw, it had worked with Orin so it was worth a go. So far so good, no confetti this morning. Maybe like Orin, and Nico before him she had developed a taste for vet beds? Let's not get overexcited yet ... we'll give her a day or two before we consider that we'll be asking everyone for their old throws! lol 
I just love that top photo of beautiful Siska ...