Friday 16 February 2024

Our Walks

 I had lovely walks today, I'm still looking for my hat, no sign. Sensibly, why would it be up there? Why would I have taken it off in the damp on the mountain last Friday, hell I just wouldn't. Like I said on that day, the weather did change quickly, but it wasn't dry until Zeus' walk.
Ross is teaching Beti all the wrong things, what a surprise. Now I have two of them digging like JCB's in the ditches! Thanks Ross.
As always my best walk was with Orin and Siska, I just didn't want to go back. Sadly there is always that nagging thought in my mind ... you need to walk Zeus. It's not his fault, but it would be easier if there was an alternate. 
Towards the end of the walk, as I was coming down one of the steepest parts Orin started air scenting. He was on his toes and with visibility poor by then he unnerved me. I called him back and put him on the lead, actually I put them both on the lead. It was a bit before I saw someone downwind on the bottom track. Their sense of smell is amazing, isn't it.
I have always disliked walking dogs on the lead, but I'm getting used to it and have to admit I can go places with Zeus on the lead that I don't feel comfortable going with the other guys. Zeus was great today, it's funny how much fun he can be, but trust me, it would be a fool who got complacent with this dog.