Saturday 24 February 2024

A Friends Post

 Nothing to do with Blanik, but just to make you think ....
and a photo, because I can!

"Keisha comes from a line, who have had severe reactions to vaccination. She only ever had one injection of Parvo only and nothing since. Touch wood, she has never had a days illness. However, not every adverse reaction is instant. They can cause chronic autoimmune disease usually affecting the skin or gut, or can trigger cancer as they reach middle age. When I did boosters, the average age my dogs made was 9.6 years. I only had one just about make 11 years and I've had them since 1983. Twenty years ago in 2004, I stopped all vaccines except one Parvo at 12 weeks. The average age is now 12.4 years. Two of Keisha's brothers died from cancer at 8 and 9, both received regular boosters. My good friends, Bridget and Richard, lost Keishas aunt a couple of days ago, at almost 15. No jabs since one at 12 weeks and she died from old age. In that litter, three others made 14 and one 13. All have used the same protocol as myself. These systemic flea treatments are also causing neurological problems and vets have been told by the RVC to only use when absolutely necessary, as they are harming the environment. Sadly, for over 90% of vets, it's about £££. Obviously, every owner has to make their own choice and my input is only based on my experience and that of many other owners. Some dogs won't have adverse reactions, but there certainly appears to be a trend. My own belief is that the immune system in the GSD is not the strongest and some dogs lack an IgA, predisposing them to autoimmune problems. These conditions are often triggered. I have nothing to gain whatever my owners choose to do, except it makes me extremely happy if my owners have a healthy dog who lives well into old age."