Friday 22 December 2023

I Guess I Was Rude!

This morning I got up to a local stud enquiry for Orin, "I said yes he was available to health tested females." She replied asking if his back was straight or sloped? I always tell my friends that when a post irritates you or you haven't understood it to take 10 mins then answer ... I didn't! 
"That depends how you stand him as spines bend. I'll send you some photos so you can decide for yourself."
She replied "yes it definitely looks sloped," and made several references to it in the photos I sent.
So yeah, I was rude and following this reply she told me so, "I have had this breed for over 30 years and this bent/sloped spine is just crap. He has hips of 2/2, clear elbows, is haemophilia A, DM and PD clear - yet you haven't asked, all you are concerned about is whether he has a slope in his back or not. Good luck finding a square dog." Having being told I was rude I replied again "look back, you didn't ask about the health tests? Hips, elbows and DM tests are paramount when considering breeding - sorry I ranted!" Actually, I wasn't sorry, but I decided to leave it there!!!!! 
What is it with people, why do they think a dog needs to look like a box to be health? Yes I was rude and I kind of regret it as I hope it's not in my nature, but this breed and the health tests are a passion of mine. Usually I try to educate as I had done by sending a photo in stance and naturally, but in three replies all she said was that his back looked sloped, sometimes people just don't want to learn do they.