Wednesday 6 December 2023

Cold On Them Hills (Those Vanessa!!!)



It was bitter up there today, still I had the right clothes for it and had a good time. I know I'm repeating myself but I'm so sad seeing Loki and Ross struggling. Poor Loki had more go in him but really struggled to get into the van, somehow he seems lopsided, maybe adjusting his gait for comfort. Sadly I can understand, and I have to be so thankful that to date we've had 30 months of time with him that we never expected to get, and no doubts there is life in the old boy yet. Watching Ross is harder to stomach. He's not 7 till next May and he just wouldn't attempt jumping into the van today, I'll have to get him going up the ramp now too. I've always known he had joint issues that would catch up with him in middle age, maybe the cold is not helping, but hell we do seem to have got here far too soon!
Zeus had me on my arse twice, I do hate walking dogs on leads ... but to quote a cofi, it is what it is! With camera in hand I took him to see the horses, interesting video which I'll add in another post.
Orin had it on him today, with a "Nico twinkle in his eye" (if you know you know) he charged towards me and threw himself at me, I had no choice but to accept the bear hug and tell him that even with spit on his face he was beautiful. I told him to bugger off, he did a full circle and with the same glint in his eye he came back for more, honestly he seemed to be laughing!