Friday 10 January 2020

The Mountains From Home

I've always preferred the mountains to the ocean, though of course I see the beauty of the beach but living here has given me a great love of these mountains on our patch of Snowdonia. The Ridge and Mynydd Mawr being my favourites. 
You'll need to click on the photos to enlarge them ... if you are interested of course. 
Mynydd Mawr which you see regularly in y photos is just out of shot. Mynydd Mawr is often referred to Elephant Mountain, which for some reason I don't like, no idea why just one of my idiosyncrasies. Craig Y Bera is the fist rocky edge on the side of my photo. Because the slate is based from a view from Nantlle lake a few of the mountains, including Snowdon are then hidden in my photo, that is until we come to Y Garn. Cwm Silyn we have visited and Garnedd Goch leads you on to Mynydd Craig Goch above Cwn Dulyn, now we know! 
 Cwm Dulyn - Garnedd coch and Mynydd Craig Goch
Mynydd Mawr, Craig Y Bera and Y Garn just in shot. 
Mikey a Loki in Cwm Silyn in 2016 - Craig Las Cwm Silyn Behind them