Tuesday 6 February 2018

The Bond

We all know Ross hasn't been the easiest of puppies. Having been use to boys who are easy he's been quite the handful, like I imagine Kai was. (Though I never had the pleasure of that time with him) He's full of self confidence, mischievous, cocky and noisy. We still have issues to address with his behaviour, mouthing me being currently the most annoying. I'm a qualified dog trainer and have years of experience of this breed but nothing has worked. I've done everything it says in the book, and a lot of stuff not mentioned in print, but he doesn't give a flying feck ... it's all a big joke to him.
I'll be honest, maybe because of my health there have been times when I've struggled with him, he's had me in tears and close to chucking in the towel. I say no he says Why? But maybe because of the extra work I'm putting in recently my bond with him has grown stronger and stronger. He's becoming quite affectionate, though I do wish he'd let go of my hand! He very well behaved on a walk, but to be fair he always has been. His recall is pretty good and I was so impressed with his response when we got caught out by strays sheep the other day. That was definitely a ten out of ten day.
Yeah I can honestly say, it may have taken a bit of extra time, but I'm quite smitten with Mr Poldark now.