Friday, 9 February 2018
Plan Of Action
The vet suggested 2 plans of action, we Xray now or we enforce strict rest for 4 weeks and then Xray if necessary. She felt that if we Xray now the chances are we would still need to rest him for 4 weeks. Following a long conversation between the 4 of us we decided on the latter. It's going to be hell but we have to do it. Should Ross still be showing signs of pain after 4 weeks and the Xrays are not clear to our vet then they will be sent to Rutland House Surgery for specialist examination.
Ross will only be allowed a 10 minute walk and accesses to the yard to go to the toilet. He needs as much cage rest as possible. Whist I consider all of this as pretty doable the biggest nightmare will be no wresting with the girls which the vet felt was worse for him than any other form of exercise. He spends most of his day wresting with Ziva, Sammi and/or Kaiah so this will be a struggle. I can only think that in the evening he will have to sit on the lead in the living room. She did agree that taking him out in the van was a great idea as it was mentally stimulating. So we'll take him with us where ever we go, shopping, visiting friends and family etc. Even dog club and shows should be OK, she agreed that just nice and steady around the ring twice can do no harm and would be preferable to racing round at home with the girls.
This next month is going to be hard on us and him, but we have to try and just hope that this works and that we can soon look back at this time as an unpleasant memory and a learning curve.
P.S - Top photo taken last night and the other two taken this morning before the rules of the house were changed!