Monday 19 February 2018

Written For Whoever

Do you remember The Beautiful South's hit "Song For Whoever?" I loved it, well this post is written for whoever .. If the cap fits....
This morning I read someones post on Facebook, hell I agreed with every word. It was on the lines of if you can't say anything nice then say nothing at all. But taking it a step further, people should really think before the speak. I know there a line of thought about always being truthful and saying what's on your mind, but my god show a bit of compassion and sensitivity. What if the shoe was on the other foot? How would you feel?
Now we all critique each others show dogs behind closed doors, it's the game we play at weekends. But constructive criticism comes from an eye for a dog coupled with knowledge and experience.  If you can see the faults in others then for god's sake see the faults in your own. I know Ross hasn't got much coat, I see that I don't need you to tell me. I know Kaiah could do with being a little "heavier" in build, that Loki is too tall, that Nico is hockey and that Asha is plainly coloured. I know, I see it. I've been playing this game a long time, when you've been playing it as long maybe then you'll have the right to give me an uninvited criticism of my dogs; or maybe the day one of yours beats one of mine in the ring for the first time ever you'll have some right to comments on mine or my friends dogs. 
I could say so much about your dogs, I could pull them to pieces, constructively .. but I don't. I try and always look for the positive, she's pretty, he's handsome, lovely colour, great head. I see the negatives but I choose not to throw them in your face and hurt your feelings. Could you not allow me and my friends the same courtesy?
Over four years ago I remember a face, an expression of disgust when I said I was mating Nico to Ziva. I knew what I was doing, I knew I was doubling up on a line and I knew that later I would need to be careful where I went next. But look at what I have Sammi and later Kaiah ... To be honest the "I" litter was one of the best I've bred and Sammi is .. well you all know what Sammi is!
Have my feelings been hurt by you? Well yes many times in the past, but not this time! This time you've hurt a friends feelings and that makes me as angry as if you'd stuck the knife in me or mine again. I wish you could think before you speak, I wish you had some tact. You can still say what you need to say but with compassion and care for others feelings, but I guess maybe that's not you, you truly do seem to have a total lack of social skills. I think I'll always be wary around you, I'll never quite trust you, anyone who slanders their friends so easily is capable of a lot more I guess. For the sake of peace  and harmony I will tolerate your company, but I for one will never let you in!
Moving on ...
The photos are of Ross when he and I went exploring today. A short run in the van and a 15 minute walk .. mooching not marching. Bet you don't know where we are!