Monday 7 March 2016

Two Years Ago

This morning I have been unable to get to work again. Though the pain of the sciatica is receding, I'm still struggling to get about and do normal things. I have to admit there have been lots of tears, partly through pain, partly through emotion. Again this morning I found myself feeling very low, feeling sorry for myself and fighting back the tears. I've missed 2 training classes last week, 2 days work (Wages we can not do without) and on Saturday a get together and meal with some old friends which I had been really looking forward too. I'm down to work again on Wednesday, I hope I can make it. No disrespect to my lovely husband who has been wonderful but I am missing the company of others! Anyway I guess there will be no training class for me again tonight, I just hope I can make it to Crufts on Saturday. Not my favourite show, but now I'm entered I'm looking forward to the social part of the day ... and I want to look at boy dogs!
Feeling like the world and his dog was against me I went on Facebook and this post has just come up on my memories ... this was one of the scariest days of my life.
Sammi - 7/3/14
"I'm absolutely devastated, just back from the vets, Sammi has a spinal injury. I noticed after lunch that she was quiet and as the afternoon went on she seemed to get uncoordinated. We took her to the vets and the news has shattered me. She has to have complete cage rest and if there is no improvement in the next 24 hrs then the prognosis is poor. Steve tells me I should try and be positive .... But I'm in bits, I feel sick to my stomach. Whilst throwing her toy around in the living room this morning she landed awkwardly ... We can only think it happened then, though she didn't flinch at the time!"
Sammi Ball In Gob - With Mummy Ziva
So now, still fighting back the tears I feel so so lucky, I'm blessed to have this wonderful young lady in my life. From her individual entrance into this world She has made me smile everyday of her life. Her "showring" successes have been wonderful, but more than anything it's just her, who she is! She's cuddly, affectionate and sweet with of course that touch of mischief that makes her so precious. My Sammi Belle my Naughty Angel stood out in a wonderful litter of puppies and now she stands out and shines brightly in my world!!!