Wednesday 2 March 2016

Boys Boys Boys

I was sad to hear that rumours about the "Louis Lookalike" are true and that the German SV have now posted the new/correct elbow results online. He is elbow dysplastic! The dog has sired multiple litters in this country and my heart goes out to the breeders and owners of these puppies. Not that this will guarantee the puppies will have problems - after all dysplasia is 40 - 50% hereditary. Sympathy must go to the owner of the dog who imported him from Italy with all his health tests in place. He too has obviously been conned or he would not have re submitted the dog for the German scores. (necessary for a working qualification - the German's only accept their own scores/plates!) So he is now definitely not a dog that I can use on Sammi! 
Loki and Mikey 
Ziva is currently is season, day 13 and the boys are going demented! Mikey and Loki are much harder to deal with than Nico. I find that very odd as Nico is the "Stud dog" here, the other two may think they know what it's about but currently have not had the opportunity to prove it! I have been thinking that "maybe" in future I could mate Loki to Ziva. Ziva has had a litter so has time on her hands. Loki is not yet health tested and I currently can't afford to get him done, but 12 months down the line our financial situation may well have improved .. or maybe if Nico get's a stud I can use that cash to health test Loki. At the moment any spare cash goes into the Sammi stud fee fund as obviously my priority now is to carry on my line through her. Anyway Crufts is in 2 weeks, and though I may dislike the show it will give me an opportunity to have a look at the boys currently in the ring! Watch this space!
Nico