Wednesday 16 March 2016

Blackpool Video

Following all this horrendous press and the slander of a bitch and a whole breed based on 2 minutes of unfortunate footage I'm just at my wits end! IMHO both the dog and bitch moved well in their classes and in the challenge .. as this breed is show. There is no disputing the bitch had a total meltdown in the big ring and was not helped by the handler who did not adjust his method of handling to suite the environment. The horrendous photo of her with hunched back shows a bitch pushing backwards and a handler pushing her forward, where else could her back go except up? I was stood right next to the ring during open bitch, the bitch challenge and BOB .. the bitch moved freely and soundly, though to be honest I did feel she was a tad unsettled here too. There is a video on my Facebook page demonstrating her free movement. I'm also deeply saddened at the abuse her owner is suffering, this is her much loved pet .. not a kennel dog and she's even had to switch her phone off due to the evil calls she's receiving! Thank god I did not get BOB at Crufts! Suddenly everyone is an expert on the GSD and they critisise the bitch, indeed the whole breed on a few minutes of unfortunate footage. I've yet to see mention of a Peke that couldn't breath and a Chinese Crested that could not be assessed among other meltdowns in the big ring! But hell I know little about the breeds so I shall leave it to the breed experts to get their own house in order as we have been and are still trying to do. I know there is a way to go but we are trying, hip, elbow scores, Haemophilia A tests, Dna test, Ipo test, etc etc ...
Anyway I cam across the video of Sammi in Blackpool last year ... My deformed dog in the ring!!!!