Sunday 13 March 2016

Crufts 2016

Having set off from home at 5.30am yesterday morning I can honestly say that when I arrived home as 12.20am today, I was well and truly knackered. I was traveling with a friends who's Malinois bitch won the CC, BOB and was shortlisted in the pastoral group. What a day, what an experience for her .. and yes she was TV last night and I'm sure will be tonight too ... if your watching then watch out for Tish and Noya!
Our own "showing" wasn't as successful and to be honest, though I tried not to show it I felt pretty deflated. Loki was pulled out 2nd but moved down behind an inferior dog; the judge commenting that ... "he needs to put more effort into his performance, and that his ears where back on the move!"  Ok I have always said that Loki is too laid back, no I have never read anywhere that he couldn't put his ears back when moving! Don't get me wrong, I know his limitation .. I've only got rose tinted glasses for Sammi, but for fecks sake he didn't deserve that! 
Bella wasn't placed but put in a faultless performance which we were all proud of and she and Loki both coped fantastically well with everything thrown at them during their day at Crufts! Yeah to be honest they were an absolute pleasure to spend the day with! 
The BOB has yet again caused controversy, with her character as well as her conformation called to question! I was right next to the ring during her class. Even there the bitch was obviously unsettled and very scatty. Though she didn't back off, I was horrified that the judge did not see this. Also mostly she stood reasonably well, but sometimes she seemed to "Fold" into the position she was in in the group ring. Maybe this is out of character for this bitch, but it's the dog on the day and she should have been judged appropriately! In my opinion the RCC bitch or DCC was a far better candidate for the group on the day. (the dog was the lovely Yupp who I posted pictures of as a candidate for Sammi!) 
Photos of Noya, Loki in his original second place position, Loki about to be assessed by the judge and Bella in the ring!