Tuesday 22 March 2016

Two Walks On Home Turf

Tali, Ziva and Asha watching something
What ever could it be??
Ah, Tia has come to join us! 

Finlay. Nico and Jezi
Finlay is doing well the last couple of days and did quite a decent walk today, 
be it a slow one! But that works ok, he and I plod along as the other two race around, though I felt Nico was getting a tad fed up of the pace at times! Can't you see him saying ... "Well come on!!"

Third Walk In Cwm Dulyn




The lake really lived up to it's name of "Dulyn" (black lake) today, and was as dark as I've ever seen it really. Without a breath of wind the silence there was deafening, broken only by me calling the kids to slow down or catch up as the case may be. This walk is sadly only accessible to the youngsters, the steep and high styles make it an impossible walk for the oldies, even Mikey struggles the odd time. Believe me there's not a lot more uncomfortable than being half way up and realising Sammi is right behind you! 
For me today paranoia took over. The three of them had gone over to one area and were very intrigued with something. I went over and discovered they where sniffing a dead bird, or the remains of it! Normally I would have told them off and sent them packing, but today panic set in. Last week a lovely friend lost an 8 yr old Goldie. He had eaten a small piece (and no more) of a dead fox whilst on a walk. Sadly for all the Fox had been poisoned. Within no time Bramble was violently ill and died at the vets that evening. How awful, to be walking your health happy dog at 1pm and be told at 11,30pm that he had died! For me today logic tried to take over, how many dead animals had we come across over the year? How many times had they eaten what they shouldn't? But still all I could do was worry all the way home!