Sunday 28 January 2024

Today's News Report

Today it was field exercise only, Steve let Zeus out whilst I stupidly put washing on the line, yes it blew away! Anyway the long line got caught on the car wheel and rather than wait to be untangled his lordship pulled and pulled until the line snapped in two places. Great, dog lose with ball on about a foot of line! There is no point calling him, I know better than to waste my time and energy. I walked the field keeping an eye on him until I saw him drop the ball and run along the edge of the field up onto the boncan. Now there was a dilemma, follow him in case there was a white duck up there (if you know, you know!) or go and grab the ball? I opted for the latter. Luckily, I got the ball and tied it to the longer bit of line before he came crashing down the field to get it. I considered not letting go, but decided giving him 5 more mins was wise, after all I was now back with the advantage! 

What can I say, these two were as good as ever. She maybe constructionally better, and I adore her, but he still takes my breath away. They are a beautiful pair, the mix of Fransisco, my bitch line and Nico really has given me something special. Here's hoping for the next generation this year. 
Now there was a little trouble here. Sammi being pushed to her limits, between the brown clown and the puppy she gets no peace, though as I've said before, it's mostly her own fault. Things got OTT with her and Beti and when she told Beti off, Beti decided she was not having it. Well I was this close and joined in to back up Sammi, I grabbed Beti and tipped her over onto the ground. She was instantly subservient, the pack had spoken. I held her there and growled "Ahhhh" at her before letting her go ... lesson learned ... for today! All we ask is a few manners around older pack members.

Loki back out with the troops today - happy boy.