Sunday 7 January 2024

Lichfield C.S

It was very much a last minute decision to go yesterday. With the girls loaded I left home at 6am and picked Linda up at about 7.30am ... Frank had already seen that from Junction 17 - 16 on the M6 was closed...great! I guess the detour added 30 mins to our journey, that thankfully even in the thick mist I was a little familiar with that Nantwich area and we coped! 
Because of the M6 delay judging had been put back to 9.00am, but we did still seem to have plenty of time to get organised. From the moment she walked in Beti was just marvellous, happy, confident and full of fun, she loved everyone and everything, and Siska? Well Siska is predictably bomb proof! It seems that we may have been misinformed that it would be hours before we got into the ring,  all of a sudden the handling classes had finished. I just had time to get my wellies and coat off, get the girls out of their collars and GSD puppy was called. Beti went into her first show class having wet legs and not brushed. All I really hoped for was that she would cope with it all, and she did, though she initially moved more like zebedee than a GSD, I guess she did settle and won the class. Siska and I don't often go in the ring together but she went brilliantly for me and went on to win open. Beti was BPIB, thanks to Jane for taking her in the challenge and Siska was RBOB. Judge Andy Forman ... (and they both won a £5.00)
The wait or the group was painfully long and though Beti did all I asked of her neither she or the BOB (or the veteran come to think of it) got a second look. It is what it is and I was glad to set off home, though getting out of the unlit car park in the mist was tricky! LOL 
After dropping Linda off my company for the journey home was Ed Sheeran and other than one scare it went well. I was overtaking on the A55 when the car ahead indicted left, Yes I saw something zooming up behind me, but made the decision to stay in the lane till I had passed the vehicle turning left, after all I didn't want to pull in behind him and have to brake .. when it was safe I indicate to change into the left lane and started to pull in, but at the same time the nice driver behind me pulled in and undertook me .. how we didn't collide, I'll never know! (Undertook? is that a word??)
Anyway thanks to all who made the effort to speak to Beti on her first show day .. she and I appreciated it! More photo to follow!