Wednesday 10 January 2024

Double Vision


My eye and head issues continue to make life difficult. I've had similar symptoms to what I had in July and August leaving me with blurred and double vision again. This time is much more intense and if I keep my head straight I have blurred vision, if I tilt my head left it clears, tilt my head right I have double vision.
This time I didn't panic like I did in the Summer, I've had a brain scan in the Summer and eye test in October, so that at least gave me comfort.  
I decided to ring Specsavers for advice, did I need to go back to them or the doctors? They said to them and I was seen by a lovely chap who helped me relax as we discussed spots, lines and how many pigeons were really in my mums garden! Anyway there is malfunction of the nerve that controls the muscles surrounding one or both eyes. There is nothing wrong with my eyes singularly, but put them together and the message being sent to my brain is being confused, hence blurred vision when I look straight and the double vision when I tilt my head to the right. I have a stiff neck as I'm tilting my head to the left to compensate and see more clearly. He doesn't think I need surgery but placing prisms in my glasses may help. They have ordered me some glasses in a cheap frame to tide me over until I see an ophthalmologist, he said even if the symptoms go away then I must still go to the appointment. I will. 
My sight is generally better in daylight, or dark/dim lights, but today's sun was just too much and I pulled my hat over my eyes (with sunglasses on) on the way home from shopping .. of course I wasn't driving! Straining and squinting is causing horrid headaches ... but at least I know what's going on eh!