Monday 29 January 2024

Memories Of Tali And Lux

I wrote in 2018 "The hardest part of loving is the letting go. Goodnight, be at peace my lovely Tali .. Blanik Frankie. 7.1.05 - 29.1.18. Thank you for keeping me on my toes for all these years .. you sure were a class act." Today we remember with a smile not a tear .. and the words "Feck off" always come to mind. She was determined, strong-willed and mostly plain damn awkward, but we loved her for it.
On this day in 2009 we also lost little Lux. The then named Lucky, came to live with me in March 1992. Her elderly owner was going into a retirement home and couldn't take the nervous skitty young cat with her. I was living in a flat with Blade and Pepsi and had been looking for a house cat to complete my family. I really didn't like her name, but she responded to it so I left it, gradually over the next year or so changing it to Lux. Little Lux was with me for a very long time, she became a very sweet adult and was so pretty. With her tortie smudges and patches, she really looked like someone had just thrown paint at a white cat. Bless her.