Thursday 11 January 2024

Exploring With My Buddies

I parked by the donkey field, OMG Siska had a hell of a scare when they brayed in full voice at her from behind the gorse, but not one to run away from a challenge she got on the wall and told them what she thought of them! At the top gate we went right and then right again down behind the slates. 
We came out at the gate where Zeus was a prat last week, then walked along the road back towards the van, but it was a lovely day and I set off down onto the bridle path. 
Even though I was thinking what goes down must come back up I couldn't help but carry on. There was a fence either side and I could see reasonably far ahead. I remembered the Labrador man telling me I could go left or straight down I opted for straight down. 
This was the track to the left and now I can't wait to go back and see where I come out. 
So we carried on down to about here, I really wish I could have just carried on walking, but always in the back of my mind I think "Zeus is waiting for me," so I turned back up. Going back the glaring sunlight was in my eyes, and it was hard going, I found it hard to differentiate between shadows and holes! Anyway we got back safely and though I had a blinding headache for some time this afternoon, it was worth it!