Friday 13 October 2023

No Puppy Pen

The double size puppy pen that kept Beti safe is no more. After the first great escape, they became a regular thing and I felt it was becoming unsafe. To be fair, I guess it has served it's purpose. As she's growing like a weed and as bright as a button, I guess it wasn't going to take her long to get out - I also think Siska may well have helped in the original escape plan! 

Anyway, now when needs must we do have the small kennel as a back -up plan, we all sometimes need a little peace and Beti is a very busy young lady. I chatted to her breeder last night, she told me Abbie, Beti's sister was also a very active puppy, like her mother Zoe! Right, it's not all Orin's fault then ... lol. I know I'm doing the right thing by forcing her to have rest periods, but I do wonder if she would stop of her own accord at any point. Still, she sleeps all night, and that is a huge blessing! 
With Abbie weighing 14.7kg I thought I'd try and get her on the scales, she is 13.6kg, long and lean, but I won't be lifting her on the bathroom scales again! To be honest, once a month will do, but of course I was curious! Siska was just shy of 16kg at 4 months, I'd say Beti will be heavier at the time, but maybe not the 18.5kg that Sammi was. I also have their measurements at that age. Siska was 46.5cms and Sammi was 50cms - Kaiah was somewhere close to the middle - Place your bets! 😏