Thursday 19 October 2023

Food

I'm getting really low on the puppy food and reluctant to buy another one when Beti can start the Titanium at 4 months - that's two weeks away. What I've decided to do is mix both together and stretch it out further that way. I've just looked at the quantity of Titanium that she will need and it's a very flexible 380g - 720g for a 4 - 6 month old puppy who will weigh 20 - 45kg as an adult. I would expect her to be around 30kg, so we'll go in the middle and adjust it from there! Obviously she needs enough but she is easily overfaced so I need to be careful. 
Whilst looking at the guide I checked the adult food guide - so an adult of 25kg - 45 kg again has a wide margin - 370g - 680g. As this is a "Working dog" food, I guess dogs with a very active life need a higher quantity but for dogs like mine then obviously it would be too much. Coincidently, Ian and I discussed food quantities the other day and I know that Siska is on 250g a day, and I'm lucky if she finishes it! (she hasn't this morning) Orin was on 450g, but has now been reduced to 350g as he's overweight, so I would say the feeding guide is very generous! Of course these do get other things, one bonio, one fish treat and a carrot for supper. The odd shapes biscuit during the day, about half a tin of Butchers tripe (between them) or 2 tins of Sardines (between them) so I guess it does all add up! 
The older dogs and Zeus are all on Doctor John's Gold. Zeus eats much less than Orin as he is easily overfaced too - Ross and Loki get 400g of Gold and Sammi obviously a lot less. Sammi and Ross are neutered and both just a touch overweight, but nothing drastic and as they are not shown I'm less concerned than I am with Orin, his weight seems to have crept up on me and he needs it off for LKA!