Saturday 7 May 2022

Orin's Spot

With this thing growing quickly I decided to get in touch with the vet. Steve was adamant it was a pimple and he should not need to see a vet with a pimple - but this morning he agreed that it's growing quickly and it's now causing me, but not Orin concern. Beth had a look at the photo and is hopefully that it is a "histiocytoma." 
"In most cases, histiocytomas in dogs require no treatment, especially if your dog does not experience discomfort. Since we expect histiocytomas to disappear in less than 3 months, growths that last longer are surgically removed and tested to confirm the tumor type."  
Of course I'm in a tiss about it, I always fear the worst , and at the moment that's all that being thrown at me anyway. I first noticed this as a tiny little spot when I was giving Orin a bath before Sheffield show, it was so small I gave it no further thought. So in approximately a month it really has grown we'll see how it goes this week but if it continues to grown then I'm not leaving it any longer without a face to face  consultation and examination.