Thursday 26 May 2022

Nico

I'm at a loss as to what to do, We thought Nico was dying last night. He was totally comatosed and his breathing was laboured, he couldn't even lift his head off the floor. Steve and I took turns to be with him, but then about 9.30pm he lifted his head and wagged his tail. Around 10.30pm he sat up and got up and went out, when he came in he ate some white fish, and we had lots of Nico cuddles. But as soon as we went to bed he started panting and pacing, he just couldn't settle. Steve decided he'd sleep in the living room with him so I could get some sleep, but he's been unsettled all night. 
This morning Nico won't eat again, but I've given him his third lot of pills. Malan said they would take a couple of days to help, but he would not improve if it was something sinister, it's knowing how long to give isn't it, but to be honest I think he's getting worse. I'm going to see how he is at lunchtime, we really can't leave him like this, he's too precious to be allowed to suffer if there is no coming back. 
Last night I sat on the floor with his head on my lap, his eyes were open and his ears flicking, but he could not lift his head up. I told him that it was Ok to go to sleep and leave us if that was what he needed to do, but I also told him that if he wanted to fight, then I'd fight with him ....
It's so hard to believe this photo was only taken on Tuesday afternoon - just unbelievable that we are where we are today really ...