Tuesday 24 May 2022

Nico Concerns

 Nico often sits in his crate for long periods of time in the evenings, his choice to do as he likes, and like most of them here he loves his own bed. Last night around 9pm I told him he needed to go out, and I was shocked to see him struggle to his feet and struggle to walk out. He had a pained expression and seem to be having difficulty with his mobility in front ... but he'd been fine earlier, and absolutely full of himself on the walk. Over the next hour he got no better and my concern increased, I decided to give him some loxicom before we went to bed. Like most of these products, loxicom should be given with food and I gave it to him in sardines, he wolfed it down but really wasn't sure about eating the bonio which in itself was concerning. Nico sleeps with us and he was very unsettled for a few hours. We both got up and let him out, but he didn't need to go. He continued to have a pained expression, and had periods of standing and panting. I think it was well after three when he settled.
This morning Nico was up and about wanting breakfast, his mobility is better, but he lacks his normal spark. At the moment he's unsettled and pacing a little, but definitely not in the pain like he was last night. I honestly don't know what's going on to be honest. I've currently closed his crate so he can't go in, but I'll have to open it in a bit for him .. maybe that's why he's pacing? 
Oh god I hate the bumpy ride of our precious family getting old ...