Thursday 5 May 2022

My Beautiful Dogs

After being back in my big yellow coat yesterday, today felt like a season apart. It was warm, dry, sunny and peaceful on the mountain. Jezi is doing well, she's full of fun and enjoying tormenting the love of her life, Nico. He in turn took the piss out of me, he went round the front of one of the raised slate mounds and I stood there calling and calling him. Actually I was just thinking I should go round to look for him and I glanced behind me - yep he was stood there, he'd gone round the other way. He was laughing inside, no doubt! 
I admired Zeus, forget the pasterns and slight cow hocks, he is stunning, a truly beautiful, glamorous dog with a super character to match!
Sammi and Ziva bickered, as they do, Ross annoyed them both and Loki is loving life. Other than the girls revolting habits of eating everything vile it was a pleasant walk.
Fun in the sun with these three as we played dodge the meandering sheep and the quarry traffic. Kaiah is so eager to please, or maybe she just wants a treat? Whatever, her obedience is rarely unequalled. Siska is so full of fun a naughtiness, but still he recall like her mum is pretty faultless, and O? Well he'll be there as soon as he's finished pissing on those reeds. 
Strangely Siska seems to have stropped moulting, she only looks about halfway through, maybe another explosion is to come? Orin now has about three-quarters of his coat back. I couldn't help but admire him today as he gaited across the mountain. Orin must be the best male here since Dexi. A big, impressive male with a masculine head and super coat and colour. His movement is free, far-reaching and effortless. We are all entitled to our opinion but for me this is where I want to be in this breed. When I look at O I see an honest, impressive, strong masculine male who is free from the exaggerations that are again creeping into the breed, Orin is not over done in any way  ... and the best bit is .. he's mine! 
The lesson on the walk was to stop looking at the dogs and look at the ground occasionally, well I got to see it very closely today as I went down like a tone of bricks - thankfully on a soft landing.