Monday 30 May 2022

Judging To Type

We first entered under yesterday's judge in 2017, this was how she placed PGD with Loki at the front. He went on from here to win best male and the highest accolade for a male on the day, the CC. Loki and "Armanis" the second dog are of German type, the 3rd and 4th are of  English type. On the day the judge placed all the sound correct type at the front and the English dogs at the back. Kaiah also won MPB and  best puppy was the stunning Morolwg Viviana. 
When we saw this judge was judging down in Bath we decided to go. Bath is within my limits to travel and I like the journey and the show. Ian and I talked away the 4hrs, Ok I cried a couple of times, but it was generally a lovely drive down and it was great to catch up with friends. There was only Derrick and Orin in their class, and it was Orin's day. Sarah said he was full on and on his toes, she said he'd been a right handful, but she made it looks so easy! Siska was second out of three, all three in her class were of international/German type too. 
But this is what I don't get. As I said at the previous show any dogs of "English" bloodlines ended up at the back - at this show they were at the front. Did the KC change the breed standard without telling us? I think not. How can a judge do a complete turn around from one show to another? To be honest her placing were shocking. I'm not here to slag off anyones dogs, hopefully we all love our own, I just don't understand how the same judge can change her opinion on what is correct so dramatically? I personally will not be giving her another entry ...
The Bitch CC winner in 2017
The Bitch CC winner in 2022
You can make up your own minds!