Friday 27 May 2022

Changes

Today lovely Yarna came to visit Orin, a sweet natured bitch, but oh my what a slapper!!! Orin was overexcited as the lady threw herself at him, but thankfully after 20 mins time out he'd composed himself  ... I hope to god that she is pregnant and that "Conbhairean Danko Of Blanik" will appear as great-grandfather on another pedigree from this extremely well-bred girl. 
Jane and I go back to training at Crewe days, she loved and admired Dexi and had thoroughly done her homework before deciding to use O. Of course she knew her line was compatible to Fransisco, and she'd been going back through my bitch line to make sure everything was as it should be. I do exactly the same when choosing a male, it's got to be right on paper as well as the construction and character of both animals. Like I say I really hope for success here, for Jane, for Orin and to keep Nico's bloodline out there in the show ring. 
Another great concern at loosing Nico was going to be Jezi. She wouldn't leave Nico alone on Wednesday night, she kept sniffing him and licking his face, I can only presume now that she knew we were loosing him before we did. Yesterday, we decided to show her Nico's body, but she took no notice and simply walked over him. I found it very odd until I considered how she'd been the day before, she knew, she understood before we did. 
Jezi is not the most sociable of creatures, she hates the other bitches, and only tolerates the males. Nico was her everything, but I really don't want Jezi to be totally alone now. She walks with Zeus, but only puts up with him because she has too, he wants to play and she really doesn't! I decided to try her with Loki, well if looks could kill, but he ignored her, then as he walked past she took one quick spiteful snap at him, he ignored her again. I followed my initial introduction with a walk, it went well, there was absolutely no interaction between them but that was better than handbags at dawn! I will continue to walk Jezi with Zeus and Loki with his pals, but maybe now Loki and Jezi can spend some of their time ignoring each other in the same room!