Monday 11 April 2022

Zeus A Year On

Well it's a year since we took this photo of Zeus in the car park at Chester services. After the information given to me about his behavioural problems, I honestly didn't know what to expect. As I've said all along, I'm not doubting any of the information given to me about his previous life, but the dog who lives with us is an idiot, a clown, a fool. (and those are all compliments.) After a year here I doubt we'll see any of the negative behaviour that was previously reported, I'm hoping that is because he feels safe, happy and relaxed here. It hasn't all been roses and cushions, and we've had numerous conversations in my office, but really nothing more than I'd expect from any young male finding his feet. Zeus is a cracking dog, and we are both smitten with him and feel privileged to have him living back with us. 
Zeus' physical appearance has changed dramatically too. I hadn't really noticed how much till I saw the memory photo. He has more rough, more feathering on his front and back legs and he really has filled his frame. I wonder what he weighs now? He isn't a tall dog, but he's a powerful dog. His hocks have straightened, though typically of a LSH he does have poor front pasterns and 10 to 2 front feet. I currently have no intension of putting him in the show ring, Orin was my pick of litter and from the K litter my hopes and dreams are on his shoulders.