Thursday 7 April 2022

Show Day

The numbers have been published for The Sheffield Breed Championship show on Sunday and for WELKS, a General Champ show, on the 23rd. Sheffield have a total of 87 dogs with WELKS drawing 57 GSD's. 80 is really about average for the breed these days, so I'm surprised the entry for the original breed judge planned for WELKS is so low. There has been a change of judge to an all-rounder, but that was not announced until the day of the closing of entries. It has left a lot of people seething as they gave their entry for the opinion of the original judge, but things happen in peoples lives, sometimes people just have to step back from commitments! 
Sunday will be Orin's first show since he was bitten, no doubt I'll be nervous about how he'll be, it's a good job I'm not handling him as he'd pick up on that from me. Hopefully Sarah will be cool and calm as she usually is and O will just get on with his day. Orin is now in with the older boys, let the battle commence ...
Having paid three champ show entry fees for Siska she's now decided to chuck her coat. She'll get away with Sunday I'm sure, and maybe with WELKS too, but probably not the National is May. The junior moult can be quite drastic, so I think it's best I don't waste any more entry fees on her now for a while. I wish I'd entered Kaiah at the national now ... ah well no doubt she'll soon be chucking her coat too.