Friday 29 April 2022

Walking Stories

I came home from the walk ready to moan about how awkward Nico had been, I could only imagine there had been a very interesting female about. Bloody dog, does he not realise how old he is? Zeus had been a tit and got his head collar off, and I was ready to tell Steve that I was quite pleased with how Jezi had done. Steve stopped me in my track and said I needed to phone home, my father was struggling and an ambulance was on its way. Suddenly, the dogs misdemeanours paled to insignificance. Luckily, my brother and his wife are at home and they had managed to get my dad back to his bed. With the ambulance due in 20 mins I had no chance to get there ...
Steve suggested he should come with me on the next walk, he was concerned about my emotional state but making sure Ross doesn't run into me let alone Steve is hard going. Part of me would have loved the company, but as I sobbed my heart out for most of the walk, maybe I was best on my own.  
The gold star goes to Siska who didn't chase the running sheep. Orin and Kaiah were in the dip and didn't see them, but Siska and I did. There's a lot of good in the little spitfire, when she comes out of this horrible teenage phase she'll no doubt be as obedient as her mother. Orin and I continue to get closer and closer, though I must confess the girls do better recalls!