Wednesday 13 April 2022

Jezi Today

So this is how she is, currently eating, drinking and happy in her world.
This is the end of the walk, but this is how she was for the whole walk, I think whist she wants to go out we let her do it ... 
Sadly, as you can see there is no drastic improvement  in Jezi on the strong painkillers which goes further towards proving the diagnosis of osteosarcoma. 
"It develops deep within the bone and becomes progressively more painful as it grows outward and the bone is destroyed from the inside out. The lameness goes from intermittent to constant over 1 to 3 months. Obvious swelling becomes evident as the tumor grows and normal bone is replaced by tumorous bone.Without therapy average survival time is approximately two months. This is primarily determined by the discomfort associated with the primary tumour. If amputation is performed the average survival time is increased to six and a half months with 2% of patients alive after two years."
This is extremely difficult to read, but read it, understand it and deal with it I must!
As I look back through my blog I first commented that Jezi had been lame for a couple of days on March 22nd, I blamed her rough and tumble with Nico for it. Two days later I'd written that she was much better. On the 1st of April I wrote that the limp was back again and that she was having a 5 day course of loxicom and a few days rest, to be honest it didn't really help, but now with my suspicions raised I put off going to the vet that week and made the appointment for the following Monday. Sadly everything just fits - it's day by day now, whist the pain can be controlled and Jezi is enjoying life then we carry on, if the pain gets too much then we stop ... no animal of mine is going to be allowed to suffer, letting them go with dignity is a must, we must never hang on to a suffering animal because we can't let go, that is just being selfish  ...  as I always say better a week too early than a day too late.