Wednesday 6 April 2022

Are Your Pedigrees Endorsed?

Well mine are, every Blanik is sold with an endorsed pedigree. It gives me some control on my line and on the puppies future. All I ask is that the health tests required for the breed are undertaken and within the breed average, and that the puppy/dog is sound in mind and body, then I'll happily remove the endorsement that prevents the registration of progeny from the dog/bitch. This is explained in the contract and I also discuss it with the future buyers of the puppies. It cost me nothing to endorse the papers, and it cost me nothing to remove it. 
Good news and the beautiful sable bitch Bella has come in season. Her owner has never bred a litter and has done everything right, including booking progesterone tests on my advice. When I asked the owner about endorsements, she didn't know what I was talking about. Knowing of the breeder I gathered the bitch would be endorsed, and she was, it was also explained in the contract. Fair enough, endorsements are a good thing put on registration documents by responsible breeders. I told Bella's owner to contact the breeder and show her the health tests and ask if she could remove the endorsements. She did and later sent me a message saying that the breeder wanted £300 to remove the endorsement, she needed this fee and a copy of the health test certificates to go on the council files. WHAT? The owner sent me screenshots of the conversation with the breeder. I'm horrified and disgusted, how can people be so greedy. There is no fee to remove endorsements, there is no need to contact any council ... all the breeders words were lies to mislead a pet owner into paying money for something that should have been free. I'm honestly shocked, this lady has paid £300 to a "greeder"  for a service that should have been free, a service that is there to protect breeders and puppies. No wonder so many people breed without thought and registration if the so-called responsible breeders abuse the system and their puppy buyer like this!