Thursday 21 April 2022

Jezi Update

After a good couple of days, Jezi's had a bad couple of days. I knew not to get my hopes up, but we do don't we! She's eating normally, rolling in the field and chasing Nico, but when walking or gaiting she is very lame. I guess when she's running the balance shifts a little and it's less uncomfortable. 
I'm really not sure how much time we have left, obviously if there are more good days then we make the most of them. She is on strong painkillers and is still quite lame - I wonder if steroids can help? I know that previcox is a non-steroid anti-inflammatory, maybe as things progress adding steroids will help. Keeping her comfortable is the priority and using common sense to decided when the pain is too much is paramount. Currently, we plod on and if she enjoys her days then so will we.