Sunday 3 April 2022

Don't Break Me

A Bit Of Humor -Who's there kids? 
We don't know. 
Hi Rhian. (the people say)
Oh, Hi, how are you? 
Who was that Mrs S? 
I don't know! 
They waited nicely for the people to walk past, but there was no way I was going to get them to look at the camera!
A Bit More Serious - When I started walking Zeus with Jezi and Nico I put him on a gencon with a retractable lead to give him some freedom. I was reassured by GSD folk that he would soon learn how far he could go before getting to the end of the lead. Well months and months later I've still not found it to be so. Today I came home stressed and in tears after being dragged around so much that I felt the nerve wracking familiar pain in my lower back followed by pain down my leg. As I told Steve I honestly can't see that I can carry on doing this, I'm not equipped to hang onto 36kg of dog lunging to the end of the lead over and over again, something is going to break, and I fear it will be me. 
Steve suggested he try walking him instead, well maybe one to one it would work, but there are far too many obvious reasons why he could not walk him with any of the other dogs!
I don't have an answer....
As I've said before if Zeus doesn't break me then Ross will. Sammi is starting to get fed up with him now too. If only he looked where he was going!

My favourite photo today, and Siska only wondered off once. She is getting on Kaiah's nerves too, but to be fair she's only annoying at the very beginning and the end of the walk. I use a lot of treats with these three. They were originally used for training Kaiah to wait for photos, but I've found them useful with Siska too .. and of course if the girls get treats the O makes sure he's not missing out!