Saturday 20 November 2021

Yesterday's News

There have been 173 views, 74 comments and 135 likes on Loki's video on Facebook. Thank you all for your support, it really means a lot, more than some obviously can understand. The silence from some is predictable, but no longer hurtful as they no longer matter. To be honest I hadn't noticed, but others did! Ah well ... I guess the situation will never get better. 
The video shows a very happy, mobile Loki, it warms up your heart, it must surely make you smile. Of course his walks are short now, we do puppy walks and he still gets tired ... but little and often keeps a big smile on his face, and on mine! Today he's coming to ring craft .. of course he'll only be "helping" us set up but no doubt he'll have a great time. 
Siska seems to have got the idea of waiting to have her photo taken, well I think she understood before but was far too busy to wait. Now she's doing well and of course being rewarded with her mothers treats! 
I've been looking through the pedigree of the bitch that may be coming to Orin. Her father is a bi-colour and her mother is black. There is no chance of her producing black puppies as Orin doesn't carry black. Parents don't need to be black to produce black puppies, but they both need to carry the gene. I have no idea if black and tan is dominant over bi colour or vice versa, or whether there would be both types of colours. Bi Colours are few and far between these days, to be honest I don't know when I last saw one! 
I've started Ross on the Glucosamine and chondroitin. I get it from Healthspan on line at a pretty decent price. I know there is a lot of faith in yumove for dogs, but I'm quite happy to do it the old fashion way! I doubt Ross will be shown again, unless it's something local. He did love his days out, we'll see what next year brings and if these help with his stiffness! He is only stiff after resting following the mad dash on his walks by the way, he's not constantly lame. He's still "Loud and Annoying" as someone once said, but I think trying to help him now before things get worse is a plan worth attempting! 
I see online that a litter has been born from 2 black and tan parents and that there are sable puppies in the litter. Well, someone needs to tell them something is seriously wrong. (Well I think someone has!)  It's simply impossible, one parent must be sable to produce sable. You can't get a Ross in a black and tan litter. It looks like someone has been careless or fraudulent somewhere along the line!
The mountain was mad again yesterday, I had to have Jezi and Zeus on the lead at one time. As I've said I trust Nico, he doesn't need a lead. To add insult to injury, the cattle were there yesterday too. I've never known them here this late in the year ... I think some research into the law is needed.