Thursday 18 November 2021

A Visitor

I was over the moon to catch up with Madeleine today. I've not seen her in over 12 months. Since then she has lost her husband and come through cancer. Because of Covid Madeleine has mostly had to face her battles alone, but as she told me today her dogs have kept her sane. 
It was the first time that Siska was going to meet a stranger to her in the house, knowing who she is I didn't envisage any problems, and I was right. One thing that I didn't consider was that Madeleine's skin is now paper thin and an unfortunate clonk with Siska's paw/nail made her bleed ... and bleed!  I must admit I was really upset ... but as Madeleine says she lives with 2 Danes and a Lurcher, it happens.
Madeleine also got to meet Zeus, I felt he was initially a little tense at seeing a stranger in the living room, hackles and tail up, but he settled in seconds and got on with the job of emptying the toy box! 
Of course Jamie too was pleased to see a visitor, and Isla and Junior were sociable. I'm not sure Luther woke up to be honest, but Choo stayed in the bed behind the sofa with a nervous Archie.