Wednesday 17 November 2021

New Wellie Walks




New welly walk yesterday and today, well new to me. A friend showed me the joys of charity shops 10 - 20 years ago, and now that it's even more the done thing I still get most of my clothes/crockery from them. I don't even need to go to town, I can usually pick something up in Penygroes! Anyway the wellies are not from a charity shop, I got them off e.bay. My frostline wellies had been the most comfortable dog walking footwear ever. At £70 I expected them to last forever, sadly within 6 months they were leaking, I blamed myself considering that maybe I'd ripped them on a slate or something, so with my Xmas money, I got another pair. Big mistake ... for the last couple of months I could only wear them with waterproof socks and that kind of defats the object! Anyway a post on Facebook from someone in a similar quandary came up with ideas. I followed a link to some amazing wellies, at amazing prices .. mostly from £125 upwards .. OMG - out of my league. Most people seem to think that Muck Boots were better than Grubbs (Who make frostline), but they were twice the price. Saying that I'd gone through 2 pairs of frostline in say 14 - 16 months ... and I obviously didn't wear them in hot weather! I decided to have a look at e.bay and found a pair of black muck boots in my size which had only been worn a couple of times, but when they hit £80 I stopped watching. E.bay then e.mailed, as they do, similar items that you may consider. Hmm a green pair of muck boots, size 6, worn once, too small for the owner. I thought about it and decided to go for it ... Woohooo I won, OK I've re joined the green welly brigade, but I seem to have a pair of £135 muck boots for just over half the price. They look new and I've worn them for two days, they are currently warm and dry ... here's hoping for 2- 3 years of hard labour from them!
The walks are not much fun these days. There are so many people about, it's crazy. Since it became the worst kept secret that the "I'm A Celebrity" crew are up there then the place is buzzing. I've seen more on the gloomy Wednesday than I would on a Sunny Sunday. Honestly it was like a city park up there, at least some dogs who never see the light of day are getting a walk. One man followed me up the track, I was annoyed, he was obviously fitter than me and was catching up fast. I ended up having to put Ross on the lead, this need of his to be sociable is rather annoying .. no brown dog they do not need to see your fecking orange kong! 
Orin is still playing the deaf card, he too spent sometime on the lead whilst his half sisters ran riot. He's so bloody "doggy" now, sniff, piss .. run over to that bush to piss ... sniff ... off to the next bush and repeat ... such a dog(male) ... not a puppy anymore.  I didn't get this with Loki or Ross ... but to be honest it's just like Nico, though he does remember his recall and I have complete and utter faith and trust in him in all situations, well we've known each other a long time! 
Little Siska did well with Loki again, though she did take his toy a couple of times. There is a very interesting photo of him missing his footing and her looking at him, "Like what you doing with your feet Mr Poki?" I swear, I never thought Loki would be this good again .. happy days eh mate.