Thursday 19 August 2021

Morning Thoughts

"Did I Do Good?" 
Last night I was chatting with someone that I haven't seen since the beginning of the first lockdown. I think I saw her in January 2020 - wow.  Anyway she is now coming to Driffield next week. That show has drawn a larger entry than usual, proving that if you get a breed judge and not an all-rounder, "they will come!" Saying that, of course we have a breed judge at Blackpool this weekend, but I won't be surprised if we at the back end of the queue. He was unaware that I was standing close behind him at SWGSD when he was giving his opinion on the dogs and judging ... unwise really when you are judging 3 weeks later. Had I overheard that conversation at another show, before entries closed for Blackpool then I wouldn't have wasted my money .. ah well. 
Following the bitchiness online I decide not to enter Bolton GSD show. I'm kind of sad really as I have respect for the judge, but my "Crew" are not going and I really don't fancy a day in the company of the know-it-alls. Oh hell there will be great people there too, but I think from now on I'll stick to familiar ground. We branched out with the regional and it was wonderful ... there are wonderful people in dog showing, and putting it mildly, there are some that are not so nice!
Whilst chatting to my friend last night we talked about the size of bitches. She too has had larger bitches, but now has a lovely girl measuring 57cms as an adult. Spot on really. She told me not to worry about Siska's size .. OMG don't get me wrong, I'm not worried, actually I'd be bloody delighted if she stayed bang on middle size, but she is only 7 months and 57.5cms - and a bit of growing to do yet yeah! I still predict 58.5cms - but who knows really, she's been slow from the beginning, slow walking, eating, teething ... so she may end up more like her mother after all. 
Last night I messaged the judge from East Of England and thanked him for giving Orin such a lovely critique. I told him he had gone on to win his next two Junior classes and that I was over the moon with my lockdown lad. He sent me a lovely reply .. "No thank you for bringing him under me he will continue to do you proud 👍time is on your side he will only get better  ..."  How lovely. 
Another damp, drizzly day. At least the mist has cleared ... though the cattle are about hopefully we can go beyond the boundary wall, at least I can see them today!