Thursday 5 August 2021

Loki At Paws4Fitness

Loki enjoyed his laser and physio again today. I never thought he would enjoy it so much, but my god he loves this extra attention. Most of you know that I've known Gillian a long time. She had Blanik Dionne and competed in agility with her. As Ken the vet said she is excellent in her field of work and Loki was soon at easy and relaxed in her company. She gave him a thorough going over and as he appears to her to be pain free too, she agrees with the diagnosis that he is likely to have FCE. (Only MRI could confirm this) Gillian spent a lot more time giving Loki physio and showing us what exercises to do with him at home. She feels he's ready to move onto the next step with the fixed peanut ball and that physio sessions should now be longer but taken at a slow pace. We are to continue with short regular walks, but not to push him. The new physio regime may look very simple, but she assures us that it is exhausting for him so he will need a lot of rest. 
The laser session was shorter but hopefully will be more regular, I'm hoping I can do three a fortnight without robbing a bank. If things do improve then obviously we will take him to Mochdre for the treadmill hydro. I'm very pleased with how the session went today and I can only hope for further improvement now. 
Blanik Dionne(AWS) - Kirre