Thursday 12 August 2021

Is It Worth The Win?

"Looking at photos from our recent UK shows.....what's happened...no quality, substance or training."
Let the bitchiness begin eh. I must admit I'm really hurt and like many exhibiting this weekend I felt the need to defend my boy. Of course we have different types of dog exhibitors. You have those who have their dogs solely for the sport, to win, and if they don't win they move them on to pet homes. Then there people like me who enjoy showing my pets. I'm lucky to usually get placed at all levels of competition, and I'm happy with that.  I'm easily pleased as Steve says... so to win both classes with the youngsters on Sunday was a wonderful achievement. Talk about pissing on our parade eh!
I've shed a few tears tonight, especially as I read the comments .. nothing is personal to my dog, but as a class winner he falls into the category of the dogs with no quality, substance or training. Some of the owners of other class winners are livid, I am too, but of course I cried .. as is my nature. How dare they? I honestly believe that my recent generations are the best ever, sound and unexaggerated. I even struggled to choose my male in the K litter, any of them could have been show dogs ... I was really nitpicking to choose. 
I know the writer is basing her comments on photos, I agree not all the photos are the best, but none are bad enough that I would ask for them to be removed. I am so thankful for the photos and hope the photographer is not offended and refuses his free services next time.
We train the best we can, rose-tinted glasses off, I see the breed imperfections in my dogs, but Orin has quality and substance and I will be campaigning him fearlessly. We will win with pride, and unlike them, loose with dignity.