Tuesday 31 August 2021

Hairy Monster

I'm not sure if you can see him, but he's by the wall playing with his ball and refusing to come in. I was so frustrated as I wanted to give everyone time out before going shopping, but I left him there and came in. About 5 mins later I went back, and he was in the middle of the field, looking over but not coming home. Zeus is a wonderful dog, with a piss poor recall. Honestly, it's the only thing I can fault him on. I'd never let him off the lead on the beach or on the mountain, but here I guess it doesn't matter. I still attach the long line to his ball and know all I need to do is pick that up and he'll follow me to the end of the earth. Actually I can walk over to him and cuddle him now, he use to run off for fear of being grabbed. I never grab him, not ever. I get hold of the end of the long line, it's his choice to follow, he can drop the ball and go his own way anytime he wants, but he never does.
I guess you think I'm crazy, but I celebrate every wee in the yard with a "wee wee- good boy." It's like I'm still talking to a puppy in house training. It took so long for him to realise it was acceptable to pee there, not just acceptable, preferred mate!