Tuesday 3 November 2020

The Perfect Dog - Almost


Nico will be 10 in April, he is beautiful, sweet kind dog. He's gentle and affectionate when he's calm, though can still be a bit of a bull in a china shop when he's excited. He's good with other dogs and cats. He's territorial, which is a good thing, but loves visitors when we let them in. On a walk, like in the show ring he's predictably obedient and always gives of his all. As a stud dog Nico was safe to handle in all situations, I trusted him, and he knew I would keep him safe. I made sure he was never bitten. Yeah, he's almost the perfect dog, but don't ever ever leave him alone in a room with an article of clothing with treats in the pockets, or that have had treats in the pockets. After a soaking I had left my coat in the living room to try and get it dried out for today's walks. Steve went out to the top gate to see if there was any post, I was cooking dinner. Minutes he was left with it, minutes! I'm not amused, but I'll get over it.