Friday 27 November 2020

Escape From Home

At the weekend I said to Steve that I had decided to leave the utility room window open for a few hours so Archie could start going in and out. I considered my options and thought this was safer. If I pinned open the cat flap then he would realise it was there and that he could go in and out that way. Best use the window then I could just shut it when I want him in! How naive was I! Of course he had already been watching the other guys going in and out, of course he was going to suss it out sooner or later ... I just wish it hadn't been so soon. Yesterday morning he just bobbed in an out continually, once I was over the shock I felt OK about it. After all I will still lock him in the kitchen at night, and unlike Perry he's realised it's a two-way door straight away.
Last night at about 9.30pm I realised he had gone AWOL, I went looking, sure as damn it he was playing in the garden. I called him in for biscuits, shut the door and blocked the cat flap with a washing basket till bedtime. Sorry mate you are still a titch, there are still rules to follow!