Saturday 28 November 2020

Sammi's Kids

Blanik Jeevana 
Videx Merlot x Blanik Ivana
Blanik Kyriacos 
Fransisco Di Casa Gregori x Blanik Ivana 
*****
There is no doubt that mating Nico to my bitch line has given me the depth of quality and type of dog that pleases me. In Sammi, Blanik took a huge step forward towards my ideal dog, but what she then produced has taken me even closer to my picture perfect. The top photo of Kaiah was taken today. What would I change about her? What could make her better? Hell I don't know, to me she is a very correct type of bitch. She's feminine yet strong, unexaggerated in stance and has super free movement. She has excellent hips and elbows, lovely coat and colour and a very strong character. Ok no dog is perfect, maybe she could have slightly stronger bone, and I would prefer a slightly closer ear set, but really I'm nit-picking. 
Now we have Sammi's son Orin waiting in the wings to make his mark on the show ring. It would probably be wrong of me to compare a young male with a mature bitch, but currently Kaiah is still the best at Blanik. (I am only talking about conformation - the show dog)  Of course with maturity that could change, he certainly has the potential to be the best male at Blanik but it remains to be seen if he can equal his semi sister! lol  We all know what I would change about him, for me he has a very distracting feature that will not change, much anyway ... but the rest of him will change as he matures, he really is about where he should be for his age. 
Sammi's kids - Miss Belle did well!