Monday 16 November 2020

Only Short Walks



When I struggled to wake up this morning I knew it was going to be a difficult morning. I don't know whether having an extra couple of hours in bed would help, I've never tried it and anyway it simply isn't possible. I got everyone fed and watered and set about doing some cleaning but within about 30 mins I grinded to a halt. We had a cup of tea and I took some pills. Following some tears and self-pity I went under the blanket on the sofa with Choo. I didn't sleep but I did rest and relax a little. For part of the time Sammi was playing rather loudly with her precious Orin, and Asha kept coming over to poke me to make sure I knew that by now we really should be out walking. Steve tried to convince me not to go, but experience tells me that after the break I can go and I'll probably feel better for it. Equally, I know not to drive and not to push it too far so three short walks around the block kept man and beast happy! 
As I was doing short walks I decided to take Orin twice. I also reintroduced Loki to the pack and today it was successful enough for him to join us in the living room for the afternoon. Afternoons are such a quiet time here, every one is relaxed and happy until about 4 ish when they start to think of their empty bellies! It's great to have everyone back together, now the waiting, hoping and praying begins ...