Sunday 1 November 2020

The Derelict Cottages Of Fron

I can't tell you how much I'm enjoying the Facebook page Comins Fron. I love reading posts from the older generations, hearing about their memories and seeing the old photos. This is a photo I took in 2016 and after 25 years of living here I finally know the names of some of these derelict houses and cottages. The nearest house is called "Parc" and the furthest which is on the track towards Llyn Ffynhonnau is called Gors Y Fron. 
The property on the left as you go through the gate to Llyn Ffynhonnau is called Gorlan Wen. To be honest there's not much left of it and I had initially thought it was just a farm building and not a dwelling, but when I did explore it I realised there was still an old fire place in it.
I do have a photo of it from the front - but I think I'll be quicker taking another than finding it! 
Gorlan Wen
There is another cottage on the track to Llyn Ffynhonnau, on the left as you walk towards the lake, I'd love to find out what this is called too. 
We know now that "Auntie's Cottage" is called Bryn Derwen but there is a cottage further down too and I really hope someone will know what it was called. 

I have to confess I don't go down here often, it's quite a pull back up and it makes me realise how unfit I am! Now I have a need to go again though ... soon.