Monday 2 November 2020

Derelict Cottages In Fron (Part 2)

Well I'm chuffed now to have all the information. Walking towards the lake the first property on the left is "Blaen Fferma. " We know the property on the right on the edge of the track is "Gors Y Fron" but there is little left of the next property on the left, "Tan Fferam." "Parc" is the large property lower down on the right and "Gorlan Wen" on the left through the gate. (with the fire place in the previous post) Now further along with the best of views above the lake is another property within its own fields, this was apparently called "Penrhyn" and was occupied till the 1940ies.
Blaen Fferma
Gors Y Fron
I don't think I have a photo of Tan Fferma but I will get one
Parc
Nico and Jezi at the window of Gorlan Wen
And Penrhyn? Well if I don't have a photo I'll find one
On the other side of the mountain on the boat quarry walk we have Auntie's cottage, Bryn Derwen and now I know the cottage below is called Pant Yr Ebolion  ('Valley' or 'Hollow' of Foals)
Bwlch Derwen
The magnificent view that they had from the property

Nico and Jezi behind Pant Yr Ebolion 
Kaiah and Ross coming out after a visit
You can just see the remains of the dwelling down at the bottom with a couple of trees around it. 
I'm off to search thousands of photos for Penrhyn, Gorlan wen and Tan Fferma now. 
***EDIT*** 
(Twice to date!)
Ziva, Sammi, Loki and Asha at the gateway of Gorlan Wen. 
Hours later and I've found these of Penrhyn 
Sammi above with Loki and Mikey in the second photo. 
What would have made this a magical place to live?
The view
Llyn FFynhonnu at the foot of Mynydd Mawr. 
These photos were taken in Dec 2015
Only Tan Fferma to go, but I can't really ever remember taking photos of it ...
I do apologise if I'm boring you, but I'm fascinated and want to photos together for my future references and memories
 
Tan Fferma from the front and back (3/11/20)