Thursday 26 November 2020

Asha, Nico and Ross

Asha enjoyed her walk as she always does. Bless her, she's painfully thin now, but there's nothing I can do really other than plod on. I must admit she's that boney that it goes through me to cuddle her, but of course I always will. Her appetite is as ever excellent, but I think she probably doesn't get the nourishment she needs from of the food. I'm giving her 3 meals a day but without doubt for some reason her digestive system just isn't working as it should be. Still she's a happy Asha and every day is precious. 
Poor Ross is in the wars again. He's caught and ripped his stop pad on something. (I think it's correctly known as the carpal pad?)Again there was no  yelp or cry on the walk, and we only discovered it when we got home. There was quite a lot of blood but we washed it and put wound powder on it. Years ago Louis had a similar experience but his stop pad was hanging off and had to be stapled back. This doesn't look anything like that but we will need to keep an eye on it. 
I think Nico has some stiffness in his hind left leg, which makes sense from what I was seeing last week. He has excellent hips but something is not right. Of course he could have just done something but because of his increasing years I think we'll get something like yumove to help him now.