Sunday 16 February 2020

Two Days With Dennis

Yesterday was one of those day when the right clothes simply would not have been enough. Unless you had led filled boots and a crash helmet then you simply could not walk on the mountain. To be honest I struggled to make it to the gate to collect the mail from our post box, but I had to go as I saw online that the Crufts passes were arriving.. Steve refused to go for me so I had to or suffer the consequences of soggy passes ...
I got irritated by photos of people walking their dogs in places were it was ridiculous to do so. I appreciate the weather was not the same everywhere but some people took stupid risks. There were photos of dogs by fast moving water, photos of dogs near high tides, what is wrong with people? It's announced on the news and social media to only go out if you have too, it's announced that there is a danger to life and still they risk it and walk the dogs or go to shows! But what irritated me more was the gloating "Oh yes we've walked the dogs, why haven't you?" And the criticism of people like myself who decided the dogs had to have a lazy day. Listen I don't like it when we miss out, I love to walk, they love to walk, but missing the odd day won't kill them .. going out yesterday could have done!